Thursday, June 23, 2011

Jason Stoyer's Take on the Race in Racine

The IJSBA National Tour headed off to Racine, Wisconsin this Father’s Day weekend. With a busy week here at the XSCREAM Shop in Clearwater, FL I was finally able to get on the road late Thursday night. I had a stop to make on the 2600 mile journey. Waiting in McDonnagh, GA was PRORIDERmagazine’s own Michael Rattie. We loaded his ski and gear and pulled out early Friday morning with a long drive ahead. I finally pulled into the pits late Friday night. The weather was colder than what I am used to here in Florida, so it was great to see my sponsor’s rig onsite. Tony and Doan from Jettribe were on hand with new wetsuits that are about to hit the shelves. The RS-15 Jacket/John Wetsuit had new features and the fit was awesome, making the cold water of Lake Michigan no problem and keeping me comfortable all weekend! I was able to win on Saturday with my XS1000 making the chop and shallow water not a problem! Sunday came with a fog that would not lift, only two races were able to happen but the rest had to be called off due to safety. Freestyle was the only event to take the water after the first two races were over. XSCREAM’s own Jeremy Parr was able to edge me out of first o Sunday and take the win. It was a great time in Racine! And thanks to the CVB and all the fine folks who rolled out the red carpet for us! Thanks for the racer party and all the fun at Ivanhoe’s on Main Street! See ya next year! And see you in Tavares, FL this weekend for Mike Young’s Pro Hydrocross Tour!
Jason “The Destroyer” Stoyer

No comments:

Post a Comment